Friday, October 17, 2008

More About Me

Hey!

As I get older, I want to travel the world. But no matter where I go, my heart will always be in the best place in the world, the state of Georgia! For some, that might be a really random state. But with its sweet tea, beaches, and southern charm, it seems just right for me. My perfect day here is when the sun is out, and I'm just by the pool or beach.

A big part of my life right now is school - and getting into a good college is my number one goal. A typical day at my school consists of:
1. math - as a freshman, I'm taking geometry this year.
2. spanish - I use to take Latin, but this year I decided spanish would help me if I wanted to go to a foreign country. Like I said, I love to travel!
3. free period - this is my favorite! my friends and I sit and study together, and talk about whatever we want.

4. drama - in this class, we get to show off our acting skills and learn about the history of acting. my teacher is so funny!
5. english - I LOVE THIS CLASS! especially because we are doing this blogging competition...:)
6. freshman rotation - this is a class designed only for freshmen. one trimester is public speaking, the second is health, and the third is another free period! Right now I have public speaking.
7. history - right now we are learning about Ancient Egypt, which is very interesting because my friend is from Egypt, and it's cool to learn about his past!
8. GO HOME!


If you wanted to visit Georgia, you would have an amazing time! Make sure to bring clothes fit for warm weather - we havn't had snow in years! If you are visiting around the Atlanta area, which is Georgia's capitol, going to a Georgia Game or visiting downtown is always a highlight. But if you are more into relaxing by the beach and seeing historical sites, on the coast of Georgia lies Savannah, a beautiful and relaxing city that is known for its artsy downtown and touristy Tybee Island. Anywhere you go in Georgia, you are sure to have an amazing time!



5 comments:

Melody.Darlene said...

damn im tryna visit georgia!! my friend just flew out to the ATL for 5 days and im jealous! lol

tasteach said...

Well Holden,
You have certainly made me want to visit Georgia. I LOVE iced tea and to be sipping it on the verandah of a Georgian mansion in Savannah or on TYbee Island would be just fantastic.

Sue Waters said...

Hi Holden -- I'm glad that this blogging competition makes you like English even more. Miss Wyatt (Tasteach) has done an excellent job of organising the competition.

I would love to visit USA to see all the sites. Maybe one day?

inpi said...

Hi Holden,
You made me dream with Georgia too, I hope I can go one day!
I appreciate your description of your daily routine. I know that syllabus in the US is much more free, flexible and creative than in old Europe.
I know it because we have an American School and also an English School near by - there are lots of speaking English people living in the Coast of Lisbon - and we compare the students activities and group works.
I'm a Portuguese teacher and my classblog is http://inpi.edublogs.org
Ines

henry1982 said...

hey, i dunno if you have facebook...but if you do, search the name "Ashley Pollett" and see if her display pic looks familiar....