Monday, September 22, 2008

Interview

AN INTERVIEW WITH MADDIE LEFFLER, FIRST TIME SNOWBOARDER.

Q: Hey! How was your first trip to Vail, CO?
M: It was so much fun! I had never been to such a cold place before, and I had never seen that much snow! It was so cool learning how to shovel snow out of the driveway and learn how to snowboard.

Q: I heard you had a weird snowboarding instructor...tell us about him.
M: He was so creepy! The first time I was going on a chairlift I was so nervous. I guess he could tell, so he started talking about TV shows. Too nervous to think, I said I don't have any favorites. He then explained that the best shows were the ones like "Rock of Love" and "A Shot at Love". He started telling me about one episode that was his favorite, and he got so into it he totally forgot to help me get off the chairlift! The man inside the booth didn't notice us, so he didn't slow the chairlift down and I fell! Not only was it embarrassing, but he didn't even help me up! He then said that I wasn't very good, and that I might need to stay behind while the rest of the group goes down the first mountain. It was awful!

Q: That's awful! But I'm glad you had fun!
M: Thanks! I did!

5 comments:

Hugh Jass said...

This was definitely one of the best ones that I've rad yet. I think the interview idea was very creative and I think that you're going to get a very good grade.

Lily Williams said...

i loveed your interveiw madds!
it really made me see how your expericence was in really points of veiw!
i really want to hear it finished!
love you

inpi said...

Hi,
Your blog's name is so attractive it makes you wish to read it.
I really appreciated your adventures in snowboarding and the creative ways you choose to express them.
I'm a Portuguese teacher following my young students in the Blogging Competition.
Today, we have been thinking how to set up our about page. I also read the last post at http://theedublogger.edublogs.org to be inspired.
And you, what do you think your About page should display to your readers?
Ines Pinto

Hugh Jass said...

This was definitely one of the best ones that I've read yet. One thing that you might want to do is when you give the facts, give more about the place that you're snowboarding. I think the interview idea was very creative and I think that you're going to get a very good grade.

goode-peoples said...

From your intro, I like that you’ve realized there can be a purpose to writing in multiple genres.

In the poem, you use the lines: “In the air, it doesn't matter if your sunburnt./ It doesn't matter if your new to this.” This part of the poem would be even stronger if you used one more line that goes, “It doesn’t matter…..” Three is the magic number. Oh, and I love the last line. Tres dramatic.

Good facts. Remember to include a bibliography with your final draft.

In the diary, maybe you could include more description. I found myself wondering why/how Sara was playing with her food. Just a few details would add a lot of interest. I also want to know more about Alli. Is she your age? And she paid for dinner? Why is all of this important? How does it relate to the story? Each part should build the story.

I like the genres you chose, and you did a good job changing the tone of each entry to fit the genre. However, I feel like a major chunk of the essay is missing. Aside from the snowboarding instructor anecdote, we never really are with you up on that mountain and snowboarding. You promise that it changed your life, but we don’t get your experience doing it or how/why it changes you. I would focus on that in your revision. Perhaps add a narrative section.