Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Introduction to Multi-Genre Essay

This essay is about a very exciting trip with a friend to Colorado. Once there my friend and I took snowboarding lessons, and honestly, they changed my life. I learned to be more patient with myself, and I also became more independent. Jessica and I not only learned to NOT go on Black Trails, but we learned to a lot about each other. I chose to write a multi-genre essay about my trip because when the sun is directly on you, and your soaring down a mountain, you have a ton of different emotions running through you. This essay is going to try and express those is new and different ways. 

1- Diary. This will show how I felt my first day of snowboarding. I will show how excited I was to go!
2- Interview. I will pretend like my friend Jessica, who went on the trip with me, is asking me questions about a rough day I had. This will show a more open side to my story.
3- Picture. Some readers are visual learners, so I will show a picture from my trip.
4- Poem.  A poem will be really cool because I can express my emotions and everything around me.
5- Fact. I can put a fact on snowboarding just for fun!

7 comments:

Peter Johnson said...

great idesas good work keep it up

Tinsley Carmichael said...

This sounds really good! I like the idea of the interview...can't wait!

seymour spell said...

this is so good ideas. good job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zhone said...

How that is really good!!! I cant wait to read it!!!

Lucy Carlyle said...

Really good Holden....I can't wait to hear what Jessica has to say..

<3,
Lucy Carlyle

Wendy Bottom said...

this is such a good introduction i can't wait to see your different genres. i like how you tell some information and expirience in your intro rather than just saying what the different genres are going to be.

Zhone said...

P.S.- Very exciting I can't wait to read it...